Arthroscopy Surgeon in Kothrud, Pune
What is an arthroscope?
What is arthroscopy?
Arthroscopy is a procedure used for joint conditions. Originally, arthroscopy was used mainly for planning a standard open surgery. But with new tools and advanced surgical methods, many conditions can also be treated using an arthroscope.
The following are the conditions most frequently discovered during an arthroscopic procedure:
- Inflammation. This includes the lining (synovium) of the knee, shoulder, elbow, wrist, or ankle
- Injuries. These include the following:
- Rotator cuff tendon tears, impingement syndrome, and recurrent dislocations in the shoulder
- Meniscal (cartilage) tears, chondromalacia (wearing or injury of cartilage cushion), and ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) tears with instability in the knee
- Pieces of loose bone or cartilage. This is particularly in the knee, shoulder, elbow, ankle, or wrist.
Always see your healthcare provider for a treatment recommendation based on your condition. Dr. Hrishikesh Patkar is a very expereinced Arthroscopy Surgeon in Kothrud, Pune. He has specialties in the field of Complex arthroscopic joint surgeries like Knee & Shoulder Arthroscopy.
Need Help !
+91 9529 996 513
We will happy to help you !
Need to do orthoscopy?